But What About ‘Secondary Glazing’?
Let’s be clear (no pun intended). So-called ‘secondary glazing’ is not genuine double glazing. See the last section above… Secondary glazing fits a second sheet, usually perspex, to the inside of an existing window. These are normally held in place by magnetic strips. We can have a long discussion on the subject, but in essence…
- secondary glazing does not replace an unsuitable existing window pane.
- retaining thin existing glass that is a poor insulator of heat and sound, defeats the purpose of getting double glazing
- being limited by the frame, secondary glazing does not provide the exact gap needed for best performance
- secondary glazing provides no vacuum gap between the two sheets
- with secondary glazing, the gap between the sheets is filled with air- a poor insulator
- with genuine double glazing, the gap is usually filled with argon gas- a superior insulator
There’s no question that secondary glazing is not an improvement on an existing window, but it just can’t perform like genuine double glazing can. Twinglaze gives you superior performance at a surprisingly affordable price.
It’s Really Easy To Install Twinglaze Retrofit Double Glazing!
It’s easy to fit real, genuine Twinglaze retrofit double glazing to your Canberra home.
Why Not Enjoy ALL The Benefits Of Double Glazing, With GENUINE Retrofit Double Glazing?
If you’re sold on the benefits of double glazing your Canberra home, if you have any questions, or you’d like a quote, give us a call on 1300 766 743 (Click to Call)
Our Accredited Twinglaze Agents in Canberra